Six reasons to use a professional cat sitter so kitty’s comfortable at home
A long time ago when I was a kid we had a stray cat that adopted us and his name was “Kitty”. I know, you’re thinking how original, but you can thank my brother Ron for that name. I was just happy to finally have a cat to call my own.
In addition, we also had a beloved dog named “Tina.” Tina went everywhere with us so finding someone to care for the dog while we were gone just didn’t happen. As a result, if Tina couldn’t go we just didn’t go. But Kitty, on the other hand, never went with us so we would have our neighbor come over and give Kitty some dry food, water and scoop her box each day while we were gone.
Well, times have changed! Our American Society today lives a different life. Millennials are much higher tech and they travel thousands of miles on business trips and vacations on a regular basis. In addition, they have many different goals than I had when I was younger. The millennial generation in today’s society lives as single adults living alone or, couples that are postponing having a family. For this reason, they have instead opted to have pets instead of children and they treat their pets like they would their children. Many millennials live in apartments instead of homes with backyards. Consequently, they have opted for cats that are more apartment-friendly than dogs are. Thus, our cats have become highly pampered and very well cared for.
For this reason, I highly recommend looking for a cat or pet sitter who is a member of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters and, is insured and bonded. You will get a professional! Someone that knows the signs to look for in your cat and within your home to ward of signs of illness and possible maintenance and crime threats in your absence.
Why Cats would rather stay in the comfort of their own home!
A little to the left please!
- Cats are territorial and their home is their territory. Thus, it is much less stressful for your cat to stay in the comfort of their own home. For example, they know where the safe places are to hide and they are the master of their territory!
- Today’s world has a very frightening rise in crime! As a result, when you leave your home unattended you leave a prime target for burglars. When you have a qualified professional that is checking on your home and loved ones in your absence, it relieves a tremendous amount of anxiety and guilt that you may feel for leaving your fur baby all alone. Consequently, you are able to relax and enjoy yourself while you are away!
- A cat sitter provides companionship and love to your fur baby while you are away.
- Cat sitters are able to administer medications that can’t be missed.
- Cat sitters can offer other services such as yard/plant care, mail, and package retrieval. In addition, they can clean-up the occasional vomit (which is highly likely) on expensive floors and furniture.
- Cat and pet sitters are often less expensive than choosing to take your cat to a boarding facility.